Including ROR as a funder identifier in your metadata

As many of you know, the Open Funder Registry will transition into the ROR Registry. We will be supporting ROR IDs instead of Funder IDs in Crossref metadata record registration soon but first would like to test the process using our Labs metadata pipeline and need your XML - we’ve done some internal testing but as we all know the fun doesn’t really begin until we have real-world metadata records to ingest. We’ll have an API available soon but for our initial round of testing we’d like to upload your XML ourselves to work out any problems in advance.

If you collect ROR identifiers and want to include them as funder identifiers, details on the changes and logic are available in this document, or feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.

3 Likes

I may be missing a link in the post, but do you have a schema ref for what you are looking for? We may have some metadata we can contribute to the effort. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi Liz, sorry I missed this comment and thanks for your interest - the details are available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/164h3UtBQ2mHf5lH5ZS6c_Oh8OuraoaQPvXhNNO3-Ko8/edit?usp=sharing . Please let me know if you have questions.

Hi , i think you meant to send this to Liz Agee?

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’ll pass the information along.

Thank you so much! I will send the information as soon as posible

2 Likes

If users collect ROR identifiers and want to include them as funder identifiers in Crossref metadata record registration, they can refer to the provided document for details on the changes and logic.

Hello PFeeney,

Good to hear from you. Greetings from the Director(Research and Extension), Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chattogram, Bangladesh.

I am writing on behalf of Bangladesh Journal Veterinary and Animal Sciences published regularly by Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Bangladesh. We got DOI numbers from the Crossref Community Forum. Accordingly, we uploaded all articles to your system and got the DOI number for each article. But now we are facing problems with some articles that are not found with your DOI number in Google Search.

In this regard, May I get your advice.

Sincerely yours
Prof. Dr. SKM Azizul Islam
Director
Research and Extension
Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Khulshi, Chattogram-4225, Bangladesh
Cell: +88-01912511289
Email:drecvasu@gmail.com

Hello @director_re ,

Thanks for your message, and welcome to the Community Forum.

We don’t have a formal relationship with Google, so registering your content with Crossref doesn’t necessarily guarantee inclusion.

We do find that Crossref DOIs and metadata are indexed by Google’s crawlers and appear in search engine results but as their approach isn’t public, we don’t have any insight into their processes or timelines unfortunately.

We do know that our REST API is open to all, so it may be part of their process.

My best,
Isaac

Hello, Currently, I am working as a scientific secretary at the Scientific Research Institute of Horticulture, Viticulture and Winemaking named after Akademik M. Mirzaev, which has a 125-year history with Uzbekistan. I would be happy if I could answer your questions. Sincerely, Karimov Khusniddin Nagimovich, Doctor of Agriculture, Professor

вт, 12 дек. 2023 г. в 19:41, Isaac Farley via Crossref Community Forum <notifications@crossref.discoursemail.com>:

Google scholar has some guidelines for inclusion, but I am unable to provide a link here. Search for “Google scholar inclusion guidelines for webmasters”. Nothing guarantees that your content will be included, but they definitely look for meta tags in the HTML, and an OAI/PMH feed also helps.

Thank you @mccurley. I’ve updated your account so you can now post links. Sorry about that extra hoop.

-Isaac

Thank you for updates!