Where do I get the DOIs for My Journal

Hi
I am looking for the web deposit form to sign up for DOI for our journal.
I cant seem to find it and also cannot locate how much does it cost?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

If you already have a prefix with us then you can find and deposit DOIs through the Web Deposit Form. You can find out the fees involved with content registration here: Fees - Crossref

If you do not have a prefix or account with Crossref then you would need to become a member with us to deposit the content.

Do let me know if you don’t have an account and we can send you over details on how to apply.

I hope this helps and if you have any further question or queries on this then please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Many thanks,

Paul

Thanks Paul!
I do not have a prefix as yet. Could you be kind enough to send me a step by step guide to acquire membership first so I can send the DOIs later?
Thanks

To obtain a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) for your journal, you typically need to register through a DOI Registration Agency. The most common DOI Registration Agency is Crossref. Here’s a general guide on how to obtain a DOI for your journal through Crossref:

1. Create an Account:
  • Visit the Crossref website: Crossref.
  • Create an account if you don’t have one. If you already have an account, log in.
  1. Deposit Metadata:
  • After logging in, you’ll need to deposit metadata for your content. This includes information like titles, authors, publication dates, etc.
  • This can usually be done through the Crossref Metadata Manager.
  1. Pay the Fee:
  • There is typically a fee associated with obtaining a DOI through Crossref. The fees can vary based on the type of content and your organization type.
  • You should be able to find information on current fees on the Crossref website or in the account management section.
  1. Complete the Deposit:
  • Follow the steps provided on the Crossref website to complete the deposit process.

Hi, I just become a member and paid for my membership. I have a username to pay for my membership via credit card. I also have a different username to participate in this forum. When I login at Crossref in order to register content, which username do I use? Or do I have to apply for a separate username for the webiste?

Also, how do I obtain a prefix for my journal?

Hello @leduc,

After you had paid for your subscription then the membership team should have sent you over a prefix and details on how you can register your content and how to get started with Crossref.

If you have not received this email yet then please do let me know and reply with your establishment name and I will look into this further.

Thank you,
Paul

I am new here, I can to register my organisation journal for DOI. We established journal and well recognize in Nigeria.

Thank you.

Ayodeji Adeyemi
Secretary, Journal of Taxation and Economic Development Board

Hi @Adeyemi! Welcome to the Community Forum.

You are welcome to apply for Crossref membership for your publishing organization here. As a member, you will be able to register DOIs for each article in the Journal of Taxation and Economic Development Board. The membership application process usually takes somewhere between 2-4 weeks.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

—Collin